Funding under this program is intended to benefit attendees of the Annual Canadian Conference on Epigenetics by helping to alleviate the financial burdens of childcare while attending the meeting for oral or poster presentations. Attendees who require a travel companion due to their own disability are also eligible for the subsidy.
Conference attendees who will be presenting original work as first or last author in a poster or oral presentation abstract.
Value: Up to $500. This program is subject to the availability of funds.
Number: Variable (up to 10).
Use of funds:
One subsidy of up to $500 will be awarded per applicant per year. Applications will be evaluated by the Canadian Epigenetics, Environment and Health Research (CEEHRC) Network executive committee based on the following criteria:
- First time applicants will have priority.
- Appropriateness of the budget.
- Completeness of the application and eligibility requirements.
Eligible expenses for the budget include:
- Third party dependent care services for the duration of the conference.
- Travel costs for a designated caregiver.
- Per diem of $60/day for the designated caregiver.
The subsidy will be disbursed after the conference upon submission of a reimbursement claim including proof of conference attendance and need for dependent care (i.e., child’s boarding pass, proof of dependent care arrangements). Reimbursement claim forms and instructions will be provided to applicants when they are notified that they will be awarded the subsidy.
A letter addressed to the CEEHRC Executive committee outlining:
- The attendee’s abstract (oral or poster).
- A short paragraph detailing the need and plans for dependent care arrangements.
- A budget for how the dependent care subsidy will be spent.
The letter should be sent to email@example.com and will be forwarded to the committee for review.