A full-time position for a postdoctoral fellow is available in the research laboratory of Dr. Nada Jabado, at the Research Institute of McGill University Health Centre in Montreal, Canada. Priority will be given to candidates with good knowledge of chromatin biology and/or brain development and experience in wet and dry bench work. Research in the Jabado lab focuses on the investigation of pediatric brain tumours, specifically high-grade gliomas that are epigenetically dysregulated, such as those carrying histone 3 mutations. The lab uses diverse approaches to this end, including the genomic and epigenomic profiling of patient tumours, xenografts and transgenic mouse models, cell culture studies on primary and manipulated cell lines and drug assays on mouse models and cultured cells to test potential treatment agents. We use many state-of-the-art genomic/epigenomic techniques, such as ChIP-seq, Hi-C and single-cell RNA-seq. Dr. Jabado has numerous collaborations with research groups across the world that allow us to gain access to other specialized techniques. For more information on the Jabado lab, please visit our website at https://www.jabadolab.com/.
- Design and perform studies, analyze data;
- Supervise and train students;
- Collaborate with other lab members and external collaborators;
- Assist with the preparation of reports, manuscripts and grant applications;
- Present work at internal, local, national and international meetings.
- Recent PhD diploma in a relevant life sciences field;
- Bioinformatics skills, specifically in the analysis of epigenomic data;
- Proficiency in cell and molecular biology techniques including tissue culture;
- Experience in CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing and epigenomic techniques such as ChIP-seq an asset;
Please ensure that the following elements are included in one (1) PDF document: Cover letter (including a statement of research interests and prior experience in research); CV; Three (3) sample publications related to the field.
Status: Temporary, Full-time
Pay Scale: Based on RI-MUHC post-doctoral stipend scale and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Work Shift : from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
Work Site : RI-MUHC, Glen site
Please submit résumé and cover letter to: